Assessment of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in Infrastructure and Transport Sector in Tanzania
This project is being implemented by ESRF in collaboration with Prime Minister Office’s Division of Private Sector Development and Investment. The goal is to determine the reasons for slow response by private sector to the PPP process in the transport infrastructure. Its specific objectives are:-
- To assess the extent to which the current environment supports PPP in transportation infrastructure,
- To examine the perception of different stakeholders on the concept of PPP in connection with the transportation infrastructure,
- To identify challenges faced by the private sector in partnering with public sector to invest in transportation infrastructure,
- To identify challenges faced by the government in engaging the private sector in transportation infrastructure,
- To draw lessons from other countries on how effective PPP works in transportation infrastructure.
The project actively engages the private and public sectors, including relevant parliamentary committees, as well as government ministries and agencies.